Our Commitment to Innovative Solutions and Quality Care Starts with Our Founder
Meet Steve Sherick, MD, FACEP
Born and raised in rural Colorado, Steve is passionate about elevating the quality of care in emergency departments, regardless of their size or location. Steve brings a life-long commitment to community service in the Centennial State and beyond. Offering a unique set of skills and experience to his hospitals—from leadership and policy development with some of the nation’s top medical associations, to cutting-edge knowledge of acute care practices and positive patient engagement, Steve’s passion for medicine inspires Innova’s team and lays the foundation for successful partnerships.
- Medical Director at Mt. San Rafael Hospital Emergency Department
- National Chair for the AMA Young Physician Section
- Board of Directors Member for the Colorado Medical Society
- Board of Directors Chair and President for the Denver Medical Society
- Committee Member on the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Federal Government Affairs Committee
- Committee Member on the ACEP State Government Affairs Committee
- Graduate of the ACEP Director’s Academy Phase 1
- Adjunct Faculty Member for the University of Colorado School of Medicine and Rocky Vista Osteopathic School of Medicine
Additionally, Steve was a competitive snowboarder and ran for the Colorado State Senate.
- Board certified in Emergency Medicine
- Residency at Oregon Health and Science University Department of Emergency Medicine
- Attended University of Colorado School of Medicine where he was Student Body President
- Mentors medical students and nurse practitioners from many renowned institutions
Consider Innova’s work in the emergency department at Mt. San Rafael Hospital in Trinidad, Colorado. Trinidad is a town of 9,000 people near the border with New Mexico. The closest urban center is Pueblo, more than 70 minutes’ drive north. As the only game in town, Mt. San Rafael found itself experiencing emergency department volumes that were completely unsustainable. Patient satisfaction was below average and suffering. We engaged in collaboration with the hospital staff and learned their pain points, then consulted patients to identify coverage gaps. We also opened a dialogue with municipal leaders to track their needs and plans for the future. By partnering with the wider community, Innova’s physicians raised patient satisfaction at Mt. San Rafael Hospital from below average to best-in-nation status.
Happy patients. Healthy Hospital. Strong communities. Innova makes it happen.